Why Should You Work With Go Backpacking?
- International and domestic travel
- Trip planning
- Adventure sports and activities
- Gear and mobile technology reviews
- Travel blogging and social media
Go Backpacking has a history of collaboration with tourism boards, hotels, resorts, restaurants, tour companies, and local attractions throughout the world.
We have provided media coverage in articles, travel guides, and our associated social media accounts in exchange for complimentary experiences, such as accommodations, tours, and dining experiences.
Statistics – January 2016
Traffic (Source = Google Analytics):
Location (Source = Google Analytics):
- 39% United States
- 9% United Kingdom
- 7% Canada
- 3% Australia
Age, Income, Education (Source = Quantcast):
- 42% of visitors are age 18-34, and 37% are age 35-54
- 28% of visitors make $50-100k per year, and 23% make over $100k
- 69% of visitors have a college degree
- David Lee (Editor in Chief) is a member of the Society of American Travel Writers
- Founding member of the Professional Travel Bloggers Association
- Top 5 Finalist for Best Travel Weblog Award
- Recognized by BootsnAll as one of the Best Round-the-World Travel Blogs
Many of our stories receive a staggering amount of traffic due to strong rankings in search engines.
- Costa Rican Food – Typical and Traditional Cuisine explains the most popular Costa Rican meals accompanied with photos. Last year, from January – December 2014, it received 90,000 views. This example highlights our ability to promote local cuisine and restaurants to our readers.
- Things to Do in Ecuador – Activities and Attractions highlights the top sightseeing activities in the country. Last year, from January – December 2014, it received 87,000 views. This demonstrates our ability to sell a destination to our readers.
- Travel Guides are comprehensive country travel guides providing advice on restaurants, accommodations, nightlife and other areas of interest to our readers. Last year from January – December 2014, this page alone received 27,000 views. This example shows how in addition to one-off articles we also publish useful travel guides that target readers directly when they are planning or booking their itinerary.
- How to Book a Last Minute Cruise to the Galapagos Islands is a detailed guide covering Galapagos island cruises. Last year, from January – December 2014, it received 20,000 views and more than 69 comments. This is an excellent example of reader engagement.
Press and Social Media Trips
Looking for a trusted travel writer(s) with the ability to leverage an established brand, audience, and presence in social media to promote your business? In addition to myself, our other staff writers have completed FAM trips to Mexico, Panama, California, and other destinations.
To see examples of the coverage we’ve offered, check out the content published from sponsored trips to Turkey, Mexico, Patagonia, Indonesia, and Rwanda. To see how we can work together, contact us today.
“…you inspired me to take a year off and travel around the world.” — Jacob
“I hadn’t thought a lot about Patagonia before following Dave’s adventures through the region recently. His prose and photos have moved this amazing destination near the top of my travel wish list.” — Matt
All prices below are in USD. Preferred payment is via PayPal.com. You can use your PayPal balance, your credit card or your bank account (in some countries). You do not need a PayPal account to make payment via credit card.
If your organization does not use PayPal, then domestic and international wire transfers will be accepted. However, the payor will pay any bank fees.
Option #1 – Articles and Product Reviews
What You Get: We offer several approaches to content marketing.
1. (Recommended) Write an advertorial, unique content related to your product, service, or website based on the author’s personal travel experiences. These posts are much better received by regular readers, and more likely to be shared via social media as well. Click here for an example.
2. Write an honest review of your product, service, or website. We will test it (or in the case of a site, visit it) and write a review based on our experience. Click here for an example.
3. Write an informational post about your product, service, or website. In this case, we won’t use the word “review” and the post would be strictly informational.
4. Promote a contest. Click here for an example.
Posts average 400 to 600 words in length but sometimes run as long as long as 1,000 words depending on the topic. They will be sent out via RSS and exist permanently in the archives to benefit from search engine traffic. Promotion via social media may cost extra.
Ethics: We will always include a disclosure for our readers.
To request content marketing, please email jonathan(at)gobackpacking.com with details.
Option #2 – Premium Banner Sponsorship
What You Get: Your 728 x 90 banner appears atop every page.
Benefits: Your campaign is placed above the fold on all pages (over 2,000), including the home page. An above-the-fold banner campaign is an excellent way to create high exposure for your product, business or website and attract direct traffic. This banner does not rotate.
Details: You will need to supply a 728 x 90 banner. Static banners are preferred. No flash or excessive blinking. You may change your banner at any time.
To request display advertising, please contact us with the preferred duration.