The following is a sponsored post.
Backpackers are often stingy by nature, trying to cover as much territory abroad on as little money as possible. However, all it takes is a random paragliding accident resulting in personal injury for you to end up spending more money on hospital bills than further adventures.
Cheap.co.uk provides a variety of inexpensive travel services, including insurance, car rentals, airport parking and lounge services, and ferry tickets. As the company is UK-based, these services revolve around European and North African locations.
Specifically in regards to eligibility for their annual travel insurance policies, the terms state “You must have lived in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands, or Republic of Ireland for at least six of the last 12 months before you bought or renewed your policy.”
Buying travel insurance on an annual basis is perfect for people who plan to take several trips per year, as you can pay once and not have to worry about getting coverage each time you want to take a vacation.
Cheap.co.uk offers 5 different levels of coverage, and a colorful, easy-to-read comparison chart lays out high-level policy information once you’ve filled out the form required for a quote (effective date, age, region of travel).
Benefits of the annual travel insurance policies:
- Over 40 adventure sports are included.
- 17 – 24 days of winter sports coverage are included.
- Travel as often as you want, though the maximum of any single trip is 45 – 90 days.
- Up to 3 kids under the age of 18 are covered free, per insured adult.
- A 24-hour/365-day emergency helpline is available.
- 14-day money back guarantee.
There are several standard benefits I was surprised to see, as you don’t usually find them on travel insurance policies, let alone ones aimed at budget travelers. For example, there is a coverage allowance if you’re involved in a hijacking, or if you are more than 12 hours late upon arrival home, and therefore incur extra expenses from housing your dog at a kennel.
Additional riders that can be purchased as add-on coverage include:
- Lost, damaged, or stolen baggage.
- Winter sports cover (beyond the scope of standard coverage).
- Lost, damaged, or stolen business equipment.
- Lost, damaged, or stolen golf equipment.
- Lost or stolen personal money.
- Medical excess.
In addition to making the insurance policies (referred to as “policy wording”) easily available via PDF’s so you can go through them in detail (as you always should before purchasing insurance), it’s easy to find contact information for their customer service center should you have questions.