May 10, 2010 marked the 6-month anniversary of the DCtravel happy hours which continue to bring together dozens of travelers, bloggers, tweeters, and curious Washington, DC-area residents.
This past Monday’s event was held once again at The Big Hunt in Dupont Circle. We camped out on the rooftop deck, enjoying a few beers. As usual, conversation revolved around travel, blogging, and social media.
I speak for everyone when I saw we were excited to have Bruce Poon Tip, founder of GAP Adventures, join us this time. As Carolyn later said, he was very generous with his time. And, I’d like to add very down to Earth and sincere, which is exactly the impression he gives us on Twitter every day.
- Dave – @rtwdave — http://gobackpacking.com/Blog
- Stephanie – @20stravel — http://twenty-somethingtravel.com
- Bruce Poon Tip – @brucepoontip — http://www.gapadventures.com
- Carolyn – @dogmeetsworld — http://www.dogmeetsworld.org
- Sebastien – @traveladdict — http://www.collidingcontinents.com
- Hunter – @McIntoshTBC — http://www.theboatcompany.com
- Matt – @landlopers — http://www.landlopers.com
- Daphra – @awayblog — http://blogs.away.com/travel
And once again a special thanks to Melanie @sisarina for the Twitter name tags we continue to enjoy.
The Travel Blog Success community offers practical resources and personal support to help you build a better travel blog.
Whether you treat blogging as a hobby, or dream of building a location independent business, you'll learn what's required to create a name for yourself in the online travel world.
Benefits of Joining:
- Personal support from Dave, including site critiques and tips on negotiating advertising deals.
- Ability to learn from others' mistakes, and save yourself time, energy and money.
- Chance to network with other travel bloggers of all levels, from around the world.