Derek E. Baron from WanderingEarl.com has a new eBook about getting out there and seeing the world (in ways you never thought possible). I have been a loyal reader of his site for some time now and jumped at a chance to read his new eBook and do a review of it. Earl has a unique style of writing and I was happy to see it showcased in this eBook. This eBook is like a memoir of his travels from the last 10+ years with detailed information on how you can do the same if you are willing.
“Refuse the Rat Race Guide offers detailed information and useful tools that make it very easy for you to break free from a conventional life and begin traveling extensively, even if your bank account is not exactly overflowing with money. Whether you’re interested in backpacking through Asia, living in a Caribbean paradise, studying a language overseas, volunteering your time or just earning a good income in unique ways as you explore the world…”
Give Me the Facts:
- 88-page Refuse the Rat Race Guide full of detailed information on how to take advantage of situations that can help you break free quickly
- 12-page “Breakfree Blueprint” lays out a strategic plan for dealing with the challenges of re-inventing your life
- 26-pages of unique Bonus Reports
- Free Updates for 1 Full Year (sent via email)
- 30 day, money back guarantee if not satisfied
- Cost: $22.00 USD
What I Liked:
- Simple & Easy! Earl (sorry his real name is Derek and his middle name is Ear but I’ll forever call him Earl) writes in a way that anyone can understand and appreciate. When you read this eBook, it’s as if he’s in the room talking to you.
- Total Coverage! He covers just about everything in this eBook. From how to break the news to your family that you want to quit your comfy (but boring) job, to making money while traveling, to places that most people would have never of thought to visit or see. It’s truly four eBooks in one!
- Motivation Factor! After reading this eBook, I think one would be hard-pressed not to follow his advice. Maybe for some only a year, maybe for others a whole lifetime. Either way, this eBook will have you pumped to go out there and see the world!
- Money Back Guarantee! Maybe I’m just used to being a spoiled American but I LOVE it when someone offers this. It tells me 2 things: 1) that no matter what, if I’m not satisfied I can always recoup my money and 2) that the author believes so strongly in his work that you know it has very good merit. Customer Satisfaction is something to value!
What Was Missing or Lacking:
- Graphics. This eBook isn’t that stunning to look at (even though the info is exceptional). More photos or graphics would have made a huge difference in appearance.
- The Bouncing Around Effect. It goes from one chapter on how to make money as a casino employee to another about hikes around the world. Both great chapters, but I wished the eBook would have been laid out better. For example: Jobs & Money at the start of the eBook, then Inspiration & Travel Ideas later, would have made it easier to navigate the book.
Overall, I loved this eBook! What it did lack (which was little), it made up in many other ways. I especially liked the chapters about creating money while on the road. So many times people say this and then give generic ways of doing it, like “Write while you travel!” or “Sell your photos.”
Instead, Earl instead gives real world examples on how to create money and support yourself on the road, with detailed information straight from his personal experience of doing it all himself. The chapters on how to make money in India through Bollywood, teaching English on your own with no experience, no start up capital or work visa required, to cruise ship jobs that pay and let you travel the world are worth every penny of this eBook. If you make money from just one idea, then the book paid for itself 10x over.
If you’re the type who is looking for something different, thinking of taking a Gap Year or just want to see more of the world, then it’s a perfect fit. This eBook isn’t for “Very experienced world-travelers, any person who is completely satisfied with their current situation, job and lifestyle, and anyone who is not interested in traveling or living overseas more than they are already are able to do.”
$$$ Win a Free Copy of “Refuse the Rat Race” $$$
For the loyal readers of GoBackpacking.com, Earl has given us a copy of “Refuse the Rat Race” to give away. I’m a firm believer of always giving back to you (the reader) a little something extra and Earl was quite happy to provide us a copy.
To enter, all you have to do is leave a comment below on “If you could refuse the Rat Race, where would you go and why.”
A winning comment will be picked by random from Random.org. One entry per person. Winner will be notified by email.
The deadline for entering the contest is 9 PM (EST), Sunday, July 11, 2010.
*** And the winner is Andi Perullo (aka GlobalButterfly) ***
Thanks to everyone who participated by leaving a comment below!