- What is your first name: Silvia
- What city are you from: Trinidad
- What country are you from: Cuba
- What do you do: Housewife (although she is single)
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why: Travel to Mexico because I like Mexican men (and she was dead serious when she said that!).
- What’s your dream and why: To take care of her children and support them.
Notes: I was interviewing her when Gerardo was trying to sell me a painting. She was the only person in Cuba that approached us versus me having to approach them for an interview. We had circled the streets of Trinidad about three times looking for someone interesting. As we walked by her, she saw my camera and stopped us.
I didn’t understand what she was saying at first, but she had a big smile on her face and seemed genuine. She was a real bubbly person, and when I asked if I could photograph her, she was very excited about it — even more when we asked her the interview questions. She seemed like the kind of person who had a wild younger life, and now that she is older, still longs for those days. Her willingness to tell us, without hesitation, that she loved Mexican men pretty much summed it up… she was, and still is a wild woman. Grandmas Gone Wild comes to mind!