- What is your first name: Vanessa
- What city are you from: Quito
- What country are you from: Ecuador
- What do you do: Model and vendor for Pilsener Beer for 3 years.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why: New York City, USA because I think there are more opportunities there.
- What’s your dream and why: To have my own model agency…maybe in New York or something.
FOGG Notes: Vanessa was promoting and giving away free beer for the soccer game between Ecuador and Bolivia. I had Spanish class that day and the teacher asked if we wanted to ditch class for the day and watch the game at Plaza Fosch (ie; he didn’t want to teach and probably had some money on the game! lol) and of course everyone in the class said “Hell Yeah!” On the way to find a bar to watch the game I saw the Pilsener beer stand and told a fellow American classmate we should stop and get a beer… because after all it’s free, and who doesn’t like free beer?
After the game I walked around and got some people shots for “Faces of Ecuador” and after getting my number for the day I decided to leave. On the way out, we saw Vanessa still there giving away free beer. Stopped and asked if she would be ok with doing an interview and she seemed quite happy to do so.
I asked her what’s the best part about giving away free beer, and she said “I enjoy selling stuff and this is a fun way to do it!” So I asked her what is the worst part of having a job where you give away free beer all day, and to my surprise (I thought it was going to be getting harassed by guys 24/7) she said “Standing up all day in high heels.”
So I guess it does take some training and good looks to be a Pilsener girl…sorry guys no job position for you!
More photos on this post at: