After spending some time in the mountains, I finally made it to Johannesburg, where I promptly booked a tour to Kruger Park for early the next morning.
Once we got in the swing of going on game drives every day, I was having so much fun I extended my trip by an extra day for something silly like an extra $60.
- How to Spend Less Than 24 Hours In Johannesburg
- Day 1 – The Long Way to Timbavati Safari Lodge
- Day 2 – Game Drives in Kruger Park (lots of Lion shots and a Hippo yawning)
- Day 3 – More Animals and a Night Drive (Chameleon and injured Buffalo)
- Day 4 – Searching for Lions, Rhinos, and Leopards (my only glimpse of a Black Rhino)
- Day 5 – Close Encounters of the Buffalo Kind (facing off on foot with an unpredictable bachelor Cape Buffalo)