Last month, GAP Adventures launched a huge travel contest to celebrate their 20th anniversary.
The idea behind Create Your Own Adventure is to allow participants to develop their own dream tour. The grand prize winner will actually get to go on the tour they developed for the contest, along with 2 friends. Plus, he/she also receives some cool Sony camera gear and other assorted prizes. What more can you ask for in a dream trip?
You're allowed to choose up to 3 adjoining countries when designing your trip, which is useful in places like Europe or Southeast Asia, and the trip length maxes out at 16 days.
As with most online contests nowadays, to win will require a social media blitzkrieg on the entrants' part to garner votes, plus the ability to strike a chord with a panel of judges. And for this contest, it's clear GAP isn't messing around.
Judges include Tony Wheeler, a co-founder of Lonely Planet, Mike Roberts, Executive Editor of Outside Magazine, and the Founder of GAP Adventures, Bruce Poon Tip, among others.
Important Contest Dates
- Tour Entries: Accepted between February 1, 2010 and March 31, 2010
- Voting for submissions runs from February 1, 2010 and March 31, 2010
- Judges select Top 20 finalists April 1 – 7, 2010
- Top 20 Finalist Voting April 8 – 25, 2010
- Random Draw entries: Accepted for duration of contest from February 1, 2010 – April 25, 2010
- Prize Winners Announced by May 25, 2010
I've lived my dream trip; Create Your Own Adventure is a great opportunity for you to live yours.
Last Updated on