- What is your first name: Gerardo
- What city are you from: Trinidad
- What country are you from: Cuba
- What do you do: Painter for the last 10 years
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why: Travel to Brazil to watch a soccer game there, and to get with some Brazilian women (who he thinks are hot!).
- What's your dream and why: Wish to one day display my art work in a large gallery, so that I could sell more paintings.
Notes: I met Gerardo while interviewing a lady on the street next to his shop. At first he walked up and tried to sell me and a friend a painting, but quickly stopped when he saw we were focused on the interview. He stepped back to his shop and watched us very intently, never taking his eyes off us. When we wrapped up the quick interview, we turned to walk up the street and saw him smiling at us. I figured the least I could do was stop and see what he had to offer.
I was really surprised by his artwork as it was actually quite good! We talked for several minutes, and finally I asked if it would be ok to shoot a few photos and ask him a few questions. At first he didn't want to do it, but I told him it would be a way to display his art on the internet. Then it was a 180-degree change of mind, and I began to ask him the standard questions.
I remember at one point though, when I asked him what his dream was, he just looked at me with a really weird look and thought about it for a minute. Then he said “You are asking some really hard questions you know!” I couldn't help but smile, but told him to take his time and think it over, as there was no rush.
Last Updated on