- What is your first name: Can't recall his name (sorry)
- What city are you from: He was from the jungle NorthEast of Quito
- What country are you from: Ecuador
- What do you do: Security Guard for a shopping complex
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why: I do remember him saying that he would like to go to the USA for a few weeks and see some of his family that work there. They always tell him that America is awesome and has so much that he wanted to see it for himself.
- What's your dream and why: His dream was to get married and have some kids. He wanted to start his own business of some sort in Quito but I can't recall what he wanted to do.
FOGG Notes: He was the first person I ever interviewed for the “Faces Series.” The strong jawline, uniform and stance all made for a great picture. As strong as this guy looked, he did seem like a real gentle person. I can see him having a family one day and hope to shoot a picture of him in his new business someday.
You'll see lots of security guards in Ecuador and as much as he looks like a cop, he really isn't. Just an average guy making about $200 per month standing out front of a business to ward off any trouble. Ecuador is unique, as it's the only place I know of where you'll see a security guard with a sawed-off shotgun guarding an ice cream shop. TIE… This Is Ecuador!
More on this post at: