The following is a sponsored post.
For me, any mention of Singapore brings back fond foodie memories, and the hospitality of my Couchsurfing host, who also guided me around the country during my stay. While couchsurfing with a local isn't always an option, there are other ways to get timely, accurate intel on one of Southeast Asia's most popular travel destinations.
Earlier this week, www.sg, the official website of Singapore, launched a new service called LIVE@SG which is aimed squarely at helping to answer the questions of future visitors to the country.
A quick and simple registration process allows you to post questions in one of three categories, which correlate to the site's main navigation and content:
- Who We Are? (national history, country facts, symbolism)
- What To Do? (living, working, setting up a business)
- Where To Go? (dining, shopping, nightlife)
The message boards have already sprung to life with Q&A's.
To celebrate the launch of LIVE@SG, a contest is being run from March 15 – April 15. The person who posts the highest rated question will stand a high chance of winning a pair of free round trip tickets to Singapore, while the Guide who posts the highest rated answer will stand a high chance of winning a pair free round trip tickets to the home country of the Guest who wins. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in this unique little country, and this contest is a great opportunity to check it out yourself.
In addition, participants can also interact with a variety of experts who will be making weekly or biweekly appearances on LIVE@SG, including:
- Neil Humphreys – Author, and former Singapore expat
- Tay Kay Chin – Award winning photographer
- Aussie Pete – Singapore expat and banker
- Gary Arndt – Renowned travel blogger
- Mok Ying Ren – Local Singapore sportsman
- Kenny Sia – Prominent Malaysian Blogger/Humorist
Be sure and check out LIVE@SG for your chance to ask questions of the people who know the city best.
You might just win a free trip for two!