Sun worshipers have been flocking to vacation on the Canary Islands for years. If not for isn't for the gorgeous coastlines, then it's the majestic mountains, and amazing beaches. But that's not all the Spanish archipelago has to offer tourists. I've rounded up the top five things to do beyond Mount Teide–the third largest volcano in the world. No matter what adventure inspires your travel you'll find it on the Canary Islands. You may want to book one or two flights to Gran Canaria now.
1. Spend a morning in the botanical garden of Tafira Alta. This wealthy Gran Canaria hosts about 500 beautiful native plant live on a sprawling 27 acres.
2. Take a day trip to Puerto Rico to watch dolphins. And not to worry, if you don't get a glimpse of the many species of dolphins in the area, most boats won't charge you.
3. Strap on your hiking gear and head up to Pico de las Nieves. It's the highest point on the entire island.
4. Avoid the crowds at the ever-popular Playa del Inglés and spend a night around Parque Santa Catlina instead. Street artists and musicians make for an enjoyable evening, late night, and even early morning.
5. Finally, if beach is what you're looking for, head to the area between San Agustin and the Playa del Inglés border. You should be able to even find secluded piece of sand all to yourself.