Peru is the darling of South America. Throughout the year, tourists arrive by the plane and bus load for a chance to visit Machu Picchu. And why not? With a variety of Peru tour packages available, that shouldn’t be surprising. But there’s much more to Peru than these famous Inca ruins. In recent years, for example, Peruvian cuisine has gained popularity around the world.
North of Lima lies the Cordillera Blanca, one of South America’s most popular mountaineering destinations, as well as the ruins of ancient civilizations that pre-date the Incas by hundreds of years.
South of Lima, the Nazca Lines continue to amaze all who view them from above, while hikers marvel at the depths of the Colca Canyon outside Arequipa. In addition to the coast and mountains, the Amazon jungle runs all along the Eastern edge of the country.
Come to Peru for Machu Picchu, and stay to discover everything else the country has to offer.
Peru Travel Guides
- Things To Do
- Food & Drink
- Cost of Travel
Regional Travel Guides
Recommended Reading & Movies
Related Blog Posts
- Alpacas: Cute, Soft and Delicious
- Astrid & Gaston: The High Art of Peruvian Cuisine
- Chan Chan: The Largest & Most Boring Pre-Columbian City in South America
- “Day of the Dead” Visit to Huascaran, Peru’s Tallest Mountain
- Gocta Cataracts: The World’s 3rd Largest Waterfall
- Kuelap: Fortress Ruins in Northern Peru
- Machu Picchu in Pictures
- Moche Ruins: Huaca de la Luna y Sol
- Pastoruri Glacier: Journey to 5,000 Meters
- The Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu
Click here to view all blog posts for Peru