Why Should You Work With Go Backpacking?
- Trip planning
- International and domestic travel
- Adventure sports and activities
- Gear and mobile technology reviews
Go Backpacking has a history of collaboration with tourism boards, hotels, resorts, restaurants, tour companies, and local attractions throughout the world.
We have provided media coverage in articles, travel guides, and our associated social media accounts in exchange for complimentary experiences, such as accommodations, tours, and dining experiences.
Statistics – May 2018
Traffic (Source = Google Analytics):
Location (Source = Google Analytics):
- 44% United States
- 8% United Kingdom
- 5% Canada
- 4% Australia
Age, Income, Education (Source = Quantcast):
- 42% of visitors are age 18-34, and 37% are age 35-54
- 28% of visitors make $50-100k per year, and 23% make over $100k
- 69% of visitors have a college degree
- David Lee (Editor in Chief) is an active member of the Society of American Travel Writers
- Media member of the Adventure Travel Trade Association
- Founding member of the Professional Travel Bloggers Association
- Top 5 Finalist for Best Travel Weblog Award
- Recognized by BootsnAll as one of the Best Round-the-World Travel Blogs
Press and Social Media Trips
Looking for a trusted travel writer(s) with the ability to leverage an established brand, audience, and presence in social media to promote your business?
Dave (Editor in Chief) has worked with global brands including Turkish Airlines, G Adventures, and Viator, as well as tourism organizations from Spain to Indonesia.
In addition, staff writers have completed FAM trips to Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Mexico, Panama, Hawaii, California, and other destinations. To see how we can work together, contact us today.
“…you inspired me to take a year off and travel around the world.” — Jacob
“I hadn’t thought a lot about Patagonia before following Dave’s adventures through the region recently. His prose and photos have moved this amazing destination near the top of my travel wish list.” — Matt Long, Landlopers.com
All prices below are in USD. Preferred payment is via PayPal.com. You can use your PayPal balance, your credit card or your bank account (in some countries). You do not need a PayPal account to make payment via credit card.
If your organization does not use PayPal, then domestic and international wire transfers will be accepted. However, the payor is responsible for an additional $15 bank fee.
Option #1 – Sponsored Articles and Product Reviews
What You Get: We offer several approaches to content marketing.
1. (Recommended) Write an advertorial, unique content related to your product, service, or website based on the author's personal travel experiences. These posts are much better received by regular readers, and more likely to be shared via social media as well. Click here for an example.
2. Write an honest review of your product, service, or website. We will test it (or in the case of a site, visit it) and write a review based on our experience. Click here for an example.
3. Write an informational post about your product, service, or website. In this case, we won't use the word “review” and the post would be strictly informational.
4. Promote a contest. Click here for an example.
Posts average 750 words in length but can be 1,000 or more words depending on the topic. They will be sent out via RSS and exist permanently in the archives to benefit from search engine traffic. Promotion via social media may cost extra.
Ethics: We will always include a disclosure for our readers.
To request content marketing, please email dave(at)gobackpacking.com with details.
Option #2 – Display Ads
What You Get: Your choice of ads, including 300×250, 300×600, 320×50, and 728×90
Benefits: Increase brand awareness through one or more banners.
Details: Our display ad inventory is managed by Mediavine. Click here to sign up.