Go Backpacking is a multi-author travel website with 14+ years of experience publishing over 2,500 articles from a team of regular writers and guest contributors on the following:
- Trip planning
- Destination-specific advice
- Adventure travel and activities
- Eco-tourism and sustainable travel
- Gear and mobile technology reviews
Go Backpacking has more than a decade-long history of collaboration with tourism boards, tour companies, and local attractions worldwide.
- Dave (Editor in Chief) is an active member of the Society of American Travel Writers
- Dave is a media member of the Adventure Travel Trade Association
- Recognized by BootsnAll as one of the Best Round-the-World Travel Blogs
- Top 5 Finalist for Best Travel Weblog Award
Stats and Demographics (Q2 2021)
- 53,000 page views per month
- 38,000 sessions per month
- 8 minutes 19 seconds average time on site
- 47,000 Facebook followers
- 25,900 Twitter followers (@rtwdave)
- 1,697 Instagram followers (gobackpacking_)
- 1,800 email newsletter subscribers
- 1,167 Pinterest followers
- 52 Domain Authority
Our core demographic is college-educated millennials from the United States.
- 41% United States
- 7% United Kingdom
- 6% India
- 5% Canada
- 3% Australia
- 52% female
- 48% male
- 45% age 25-34
- 16% age 18-24
- 16% age 35-44
Looking for trusted travel writers with the ability to leverage an established brand, audience, and presence in social media to promote your business or destination?
Since 2010, we've worked with industry-leading global travel brands and tourism boards, including:
- Hostelling International USA
- Allianz Travel Insurance
- Turkish Airlines
- G Adventures
- Get Your Guide
- New Orleans
- Costa Brava (Spain)
“…you inspired me to take a year off and travel around the world.“— Jacob
“I hadn’t thought a lot about Patagonia before following Dave’s adventures through the region recently. His prose and photos have moved this amazing destination near the top of my travel wish list.”— Matt Long, Landlopers.com
What You Get: We offer several approaches to content marketing.
1. (Recommended) We'll write an a unique article based on our experience, which is specifically related to or mentions your product, service, company, or destination. Click here for an example.
2. We'll publish an article you provide as long as it meets our editorial standards. We'll work with you to ensure the story idea is a good fit for Go Backpacking's readers and brand.
3. Run or promote a contest. Click here for an example.
Posts average 1,000 words and can be longer depending on the topic. They will be sent out via RSS and exist permanently in the archives to benefit from search engine traffic. Sharing via social media is at the publisher's discretion — guaranteed promotion via social media costs extra (unless otherwise agreed upon).
Ethics: In keeping with FTC guidelines in the United States, and a commitment to transparency with readers, we will always include a disclosure for our readers. This is not negotiable.
Payment: We request payment via PayPal. You can use your PayPal balance, credit card, or a bank account (in some countries). You do not need a PayPal account to make payment via credit card.
If your organization does not use PayPal, other options can be discussed.
To request content marketing, please email dave(at)gobackpacking.com with details.
Details: Our display ad inventory is managed exclusively by Mediavine.
Last Updated on September 9, 2021 by Dave Lee