Go Backpacking a multi-author travel website with 13+ years of experience publishing over 3,000 articles from a team of regular writers and guest contributors on the following:
- Trip planning
- Destination-specific advice
- Adventure travel and activities
- Eco-tourism and sustainable travel
- Gear and mobile technology reviews
Go Backpacking has a long history of collaboration with tourism boards, tour companies, and local attractions throughout the world.
- Dave (Editor in Chief) is an active member of the Society of American Travel Writers
- Dave is a media member of the Adventure Travel Trade Association
- Dave is a founding member of the Professional Travel Bloggers Association
- Top 5 Finalist for Best Travel Weblog Award
- Recognized by BootsnAll as one of the Best Round-the-World Travel Blogs
Stats and Demographics (2019)
- 105,000 page views per month
- 72,000 unique visits per month
- 44,000 Facebook fans
- 27,400 Twitter followers (@rtwdave)
- 2,100 Instagram followers (gobackpacking_)
- 1,800 email newsletter subscribers
- 700 Pinterest followers
- 54 Domain Authority
Our core demographic is college-educated millennials from the United States.
- 44% United States
- 7% United Kingdom
- 5% Canada
- 3% Australia
- 50% male
- 50% female
- 46% age 25-34
- 21% age 18-24
- 14% age 35-44
Looking for trusted travel writers with the ability to leverage an established brand, audience, and presence in social media to promote your business or destination?
Since 2010, we've worked with industry-leading global travel brands and tourism boards, including:
- Allianz Travel Insurance
- Turkish Airlines
- G Adventures
- Get Your Guide
- Tuscany, Italy
- Colorado, USA
- Costa Brava, Spain
“…you inspired me to take a year off and travel around the world.” — Jacob
“I hadn’t thought a lot about Patagonia before following Dave’s adventures through the region recently. His prose and photos have moved this amazing destination near the top of my travel wish list.” — Matt Long, Landlopers.com
Content Marketing and Product Reviews
What You Get: We offer several approaches to content marketing.
1. (Recommended) Write an advertorial, unique content related to your product, service, or website based on the author's personal travel experiences. These posts are much better received by regular readers, and more likely to be shared via social media as well. Click here for an example.
2. Write an honest review of your product, service, or website. We will test it (or in the case of a site, visit it) and write a review based on our experience. Click here for an example.
3. Write an informational post about your product, service, or website. In this case, we won't use the word “review,” and the post would be strictly informational.
4. Promote a contest. Click here for an example.
Posts average 800 words in length but can be 1,000 or more words depending on the topic. They will be sent out via RSS and exist permanently in the archives to benefit from search engine traffic. Sharing via social media is at the publisher's discretion — guaranteed promotion via social media costs extra.
Ethics: In keeping with FTC guidelines in the United States, and a commitment to transparency with readers, we will always include a disclosure for our readers. This is not negotiable.
Payment: Preferred payment is via PayPal. You can use your PayPal balance, your credit card or your bank account (in some countries). You do not need a PayPal account to make payment via credit card.
If your organization does not use PayPal, then domestic and international wire transfers will be accepted. However, the payor is responsible for an additional $15 bank fee on international transfers. Paper checks are also accepted.
To request content marketing, please email dave(at)gobackpacking.com with details.
What You Get: Your choice of ads, including 300×250, 300×600, 320×50, and 728×90
Benefits: Increase brand awareness through one or more banners.
Details: Our display ad inventory is managed by Mediavine. Click here to sign up.
Last Updated on