In 14 months of traveling the world, I received 17 dares. Family, friends, former coworkers, and plenty of readers I've never met were happy to challenge me to step even further outside of my comfort zone than simply putting myself in the middle of a new country or culture. As a result, I had a lot of interesting experiences, and garnered a few odd stories to tell.
Did I finish with a winning percentage?
YES! I completed 13 of the 17 dares, or 76%.
- Picking my nose in front of Auckland, New Zealand's sky tower
- Tons of single, young women with their hands on my shoulder (most profitable)
- Getting a shot with 6+ women with their hands on me at once
- Eating a burger with the lot in Australia
- Getting monkeys to climb on me in Bali
- A photo op with Thai ladyboys
- Riding a scooter down a really crowded street (meant for China, completed in Bangkok)
- Eating spicy Vindaloo (meant for India, completed in Bangkok)
- Go to an underground Muay Thai fight in Thailand
- Eat dog (meant for Vietnam, completed in Cambodia)
- Take a Muay Thai boxing class in Thailand
- Cage dive with Great White Sharks in South Africa
- Eat Skop (sheep's head) in South Africa
- Get a photo with a topless girl on the beach
- Eat scorpion or fried pigeon head (in China)
- Get a tattoo
- Ride the roof of a train (in India)
A BIG thanks to everyone who participated by sending me a dare. I really appreciated the payments which helped to defer the associated costs, or buy me a dinner and a night's rest!
You can access the full write-up for each dare, along with photos and/or video by going to the Dare Me page. And since I have yet to return to the USA, I remain open to any dares which would apply here in Medellin or Colombia.
Last Updated on