Today I am excited to announce the launch of Travel Blog Success, a new website and community aimed at helping travelers build successful blogs, whether they measure that success in terms of readers or revenue.
In 2009, my travel blog success resulted in online earnings of more than $10,000, plus I was offered a paid blogging trip to Colombia. I don't say these things to brag. I say them to encourage other travelers to join me in taking advantage of the shifting media landscape.
How It Works
Travel Blog Success is an online course consisting of 12 lessons, covering essential topics such as picking a smart domain name, building an engaged audience, SEO, and how to make money online (hint: Google AdSense is old news).
Unlike other “how to” sites and eBooks, this program addresses issues unique to travel blogging, such as mobile technology, and blogging while always on the move in foreign countries.
Travel Blog Success includes an exclusive Blog where additional tips and podcasts with subject matter experts are posted regularly. To kick off the audio interview series, I spoke with Mike, Editor of Vagabondish.com, about the importance of web design to a travel blog's success.
To ensure every member has direct access to me, plus a way to ask questions, network with others travel bloggers, and collaborate, there is a Forum. I invited a few veteran travel blogger friends to join us there.
I'm offering a super-low introductory rate for the first 100 members who join. After that, a price increase is likely because I want to ensure I can continue to offer personal support to everyone who joins. By the way, the membership comes with a 60-day money back guarantee.
- Gadling – “The service isn't free, but for anyone who is new to blogging and serious about making money from it, the fees are probably a decent investment.”
- Twenty-Something Travel – “I posted a question about advertising and received several really helpful answers…”
- Ottsworld – “I had so wished there would have been something like this out there in 2006 when I started Ottsworld!”
- Briefcase to Backpack – “The core lessons are great for beginners, but the ongoing content (blog, interviews, forums) is what really makes it a valuable resource.
- Rerunaround – “…I've gotten some priceless feedback, ideas and motivation from the other folks in the TBS forums.”
- Drifting Focus – “…community emphasis is part of what I feel sets Travel Blog Success apart, and it also means that for your one-time investment, you get perpetual content and assistance.”
- Travel Blog Advice – “…will save you months and perhaps years of trial and error if you read through all of the lessons and interact on the community forum.”
When you join, we'll start working together immediately to improve your travel blog.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below, or send me a private message (via the contact form). I'll get back to you promptly.
PS – I'd really appreciate it if you can help me get the word out, either by sharing this post or a link directly to Travel Blog Success (http://travelblogsuccess.com) on your favorite social media site, such as Twitter, Facebook, StumbleUpon, or your blog.