I knew I lucked out when Brooke Schoenman accepted my invitation to write for Go Backpacking in 2012.
During the past year, she’s provided a wealth of advice and tips for female travelers, as well as couples, including birth control on the road and the awkward topic of how to use a squat toilet.
She introduced us to her beloved Kyrgyzstan in central Asia, and took us on trans-continental train journeys. And of course, she provided heaps of advice for current and future expats in Australia.
I’m hugely thankful for her contributions each month, and I hope you’ve been entertained and informed by them too!
I’ve pulled together most of Brooke’s posts on Go Backpacking, in case you’re new to the blog. In addition, you can continue to follow her writing on Brooke vs. the World, or via Twitter @BrookeSchoenman.
- A Woman’s Guide to Using Squat Toilets (most popular)
- Birth Control Options for Female Travelers
- 5 Destinations for Hot Guys Around the World
- 11 Quick Ways to Feel Feminine on the Road
- Extra Items in a Female Traveler’s Toiletry and Medical Kit
- 7 Reasons to Travel as a Couple (vs. Going Solo)
- Couples Travel: 5 Lessons Learned
- 7 Reasons Italy is Better Traveled as a Couple
Working and Volunteering Abroad
- 7 Alternative Travel Ideas
- Traveling as an Archaeological Dig Volunteer
- Tips for Choosing a Language School Abroad
- Is ESL Teaching Right for You
- 4 Tips for Surviving the Holidays as an Expat
- Au Pair Abroad: 4 Stories of Travel and Cultural Immersion
- 5 Things I Wish I’d Known Before Becoming an Expat
- Can you Travel Australia on a Budget?
- How to Prepare for a Cross-Country Train Trip
- 6 Ways to Experience the Australian Outback
- The Truth About Deadly Animals in Australia
- 5 Fun Ways to Explore Sydney
- Before a Working Holiday in Oz: Top Concerns with Advice
- Top Places to See Australia’s Native Animals
- 7 Reasons to Visit
- How to Get Around
- Adventure Activities
- Foods in Kyrgyzstan: 5 Delightful Dishes
- Lake Issyk Kul: A Kyrgyz Summer Holiday Retreat
- Kashgar’s Sunday Attractions: The Famous Bazaar and Animal Market
Did you have a favorite post by Brooke? Please share it with us in the Comments below.
The Travel Blog Success community offers practical resources and personal support to help you build a better travel blog.
Whether you treat blogging as a hobby, or dream of building a location independent business, you'll learn what's required to create a name for yourself in the online travel world.
Benefits of Joining:
- Personal support from Dave, including site critiques and tips on negotiating advertising deals.
- Ability to learn from others' mistakes, and save yourself time, energy and money.
- Chance to network with other travel bloggers of all levels, from around the world.