Even though I chose to take a barge-like cruise ship up the Nile River, I still had plenty of time to enjoy felucca rides around Aswan. As with everything in Egypt, the cost had to be negotiated, and it's best to bring your sense of humor.
- Aswan, the Dams, and the Temple of Isis at Philae
- The Sunrise Convoy to Abu Simbel
- Felucca Rides
- Couchsurfing Cairo
- Final Thoughts: Egypt
Dave is the Founder and Editor in Chief of Go Backpacking and Feastio. He's been to 66 countries and lived in Colombia and Peru. Read the full story of how he became a travel blogger.
Planning a trip? Go Backpacking recommends:
- G Adventures for small group tours.
- World Nomads for travel insurance.
- Hostelworld for booking hostels.
- Rail Europe for train passes.