Every day it's a-gettin' closer, Goin' faster than a roller coaster — Buddy Holly
While Buddy sang those lyrics about love, I hum them as the countdown to my departure continues.
Perhaps it's the 5-day weekend I just enjoyed, which resulted in a 2-day work week, that has me skipping down the bunny trail.
It feels great to wake up each day and recognize I'm that much closer to leaving. Everything seems to be going according to plan (knock on wood).
At the same time, I'm increasingly conscious of the little things I'll miss, and I'm trying to enjoy them a little more as a result:
- Asking for advice from my parents
- Cooking the occasional fancy dinner (such as Smoked Duck Breasts w/Orange Ancho Chile Sauce)
- My heavenly bed, sheets, and pillows (I know all too well what awaits me in the hostels)
- Driving my turbo VW
- Watching the gradual changing of the seasons
- Being around when my parents sell their house and leave Virginia (next year)
- Hanging out with my friends
- Taking 3 hours to write a single blog post
- New season of Lost
- Knowing the location of everything at my regular grocery store
- Cheering for my home team, DC United (now leading the Eastern Division of MLS!)
Last Updated on March 4, 2020 by Dave