‘Tis the season for retrospective blog posts.
Putting together these list brings back a lot of memories, not just of writing my own stories, but of reading those contributed by Mark Wiens, and others throughout the year.
Top 13 Most Popular Posts Published in 2011
- World's Best Beer Name – by David Lee
- Bare Naked: Inside a Japanese Onsen – by David Lee
- 9 Tips to Avoid Theft While Backpacking – by Monica Stott
- Top 10 Travel Safety Items for Women – by Emily Gerson
- Top 9 Malaysian Foods to Die For – by Mark Wiens
- Ultralight Packing List for Japan – by David Lee
- Destination Asia: Packing Ultralight – by Matthew Falk
- Top 9 Ways to Avoid Looking Like a Gringo in Latin America – by Andrew
- How to Stay Beautiful While Traveling – by Olga Garcia
- 7 Simple Tips to Save Funds for Your Round the World Travels – by Ben Manning
- Top 5 Zanzibar Beaches – by Mark Wiens
- 12 Captivating Natural Wonders of Southeast Asia – by Mark Wiens
- 10 Unforgettable Destinations for 2011 – by Ayngelina
Raw page views aren't the only measure of a post's popularity or value.
Here are another 10 posts from 2011 which I believe are worth your time and attention.
- Fear of Travel: Don't Let it Stop You from Seeing the World – by David Lee.
- Anatomy of An Armed Robbery in South America – by David Lee. Getting robbed in Medellin was the low point of my year, and I detailed the events in this 2,000 word post.
- How to Book a Last Minute Cruise to the Galapagos Islands – by David Lee. After visiting the Galapagos in August, I wrote this guide as a blueprint for planning your own trip.
- Backpacking is an Attitude, Not a Budget – by David Lee. One of my few rants of the year.
- Street Food in Bangkok: How to Take Advantage of the Endless Supply – by Mark Wiens.
- Orangutan Trekking in Sumatra – by Mark Wiens
- Introduction to Ethiopian Food – by Mark Wiens
- How to Get Ready for a High Altitude Mountain Climb – by Suzanne Nance
- 5 Keys to Maintaining Your Inner Peace on a Group Tour – by Pete Mandra
- How to See Argentina in 30 Days – by Marcello Arrambide
As the Editor in Chief of Go Backpacking, my goal is to provide a daily mix of practical, entertaining, and inspiring travel posts.
If there are any particular topics or destinations you'd like to see covered in 2012, please leave a comment below and I'll do my best to deliver.
Last Updated on November 21, 2019 by Dave