After the conclusion of my 'round the world trip, I landed back in northern Virginia. I used the next 11 months to meet as many people in the online travel community as possible. This effort entailed networking in New York City over the course of 4 separate trips, which coincidentally coincided with all four seasons (Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring).
I easily met dozens (and hundreds after TBEX) of travel aficionados, bloggers, writers, and entrepreneurs I'd previously only known from blogs, Facebook and Twitter. These short-term social whirlwinds acted as a needed counterbalance to the time I was spending alone, writing and blogging from my parent's house.
- Sosauce / Matador BBQ in Brooklyn
- The Best American Travel Writing 2009
- Navigating the Adventures in Travel Expo
- Travel Gets Social at 92YTribeca
- #Twitaoke: Travel Blogger's Rock NYC's Koreatown
- Recap: Social Media and the Travel Industry Roundtable
- My Thoughts on #TBEX 2010
Last Updated on