I stopped in Vientiane for 4 nights of boutique hotel bliss and top notch French food. I found there was actually quite a bit to do in and around the capital city of Laos.
- Pakse Pitstop
- A Deluxe Apartment in the Sky – photos from the only boutique hotel of my trip.
- My 3-Course Lunch at Le Central – a fine French dining experience for foodies.
- MAG, COPE, Wat, and Wrap – learning about the challenges of unexploded ordinances and amputees.
Dave is the Founder and Editor in Chief of Go Backpacking and Feastio. He's been to 66 countries and lived in Colombia and Peru. Read the full story of how he became a travel blogger.
Planning a trip? Go Backpacking recommends:
- G Adventures for small group tours.
- World Nomads for travel insurance.
- Hostelworld for booking hostels.
- Rail Europe for train passes.