- the view from Table Mountain in Cape Town
- hanging out with Warren on his home turf
- wild penguins
- learning about apartheid and seeing Nelson Mandela's old prison
- touring wine country
- cage diving with great white sharks
- riding an ostrich (feel free to claim this as a dare….it never would've occurred to me)
- going on safari in Kruger National Park
- my first bush walk (complete with well-armed guide)
- visiting two unexpected countries – Lesotho and Swaziland
I'm sure there is lots more awaiting me. I love experiencing a place like I've always imagined it in my mind. It turns the fantasy into a reality, and as much as I want to see Egypt, my image of Africa is in the game parks.
But first….adventures in northern Laos and Thailand await.
Last Updated on