And the survey says…..I will be taking a shot of the green fairy on my last day of work! I recently moved the big day up to Thursday, November 8. Thank you to everyone who voted on this serious topic!
Back in 1998, I visited Prague where Absinthe is readily available, though I didn't get a chance to try it. Ironically, it was at a coworker's party a few years ago in northern Virginia that I took my one and only shot. I remember it was very strong, and reminded me of Rumple Minz (100 proof peppermint schnapps).
Still, the prospect of video recording my experience leaves me with a few butterflies, though I'm sure they'll quickly die of alcohol poisoning once I down the liquor!
Which occasion should I celebrate with a shot of Absinthe (140 proof, I will post video)?
- Last day of work (~Nov 13) (35%, 8 Votes)
- 31st birthday (Sept 25) (30%, 7 Votes)
- Giving notice to resign at work (Oct 4) (17%, 4 Votes)
- Last day in USA (~Nov 27) (17%, 4 Votes)
- Last night in apartment (Nov 2) (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 23
Dave is the Founder and Editor in Chief of Go Backpacking and Feastio. He's been to 66 countries and lived in Colombia and Peru. Read the full story of how he became a travel blogger.
Planning a trip? Go Backpacking recommends:
- G Adventures for small group tours.
- World Nomads for travel insurance.
- Hostelworld for booking hostels.
- Rail Europe for train passes.