Aside from a few domestic trips to New York City and Los Angeles, my big international adventures of the year were a week in Rwanda, and 6 months in Colombia.
The Rwandan adventure involved two days of travel to and from the country, but it was worth the energy and effort when I was in a forest snapping photos of wild gorillas, cruising across Lake Kivu on a new speedboat, and soaking in the bathtub of a luxury villa.
- First Impressions on the Drive to Ruhengeri
- Mountain Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes National Park
- Remembering the 1994 Tutsi Genocide
- Cruising Lake Kivu by Speedboat
- Nyungwe Forest Lodge: 5-Star Luxury in Rwanda
My return to Colombia began with two and a half weeks of rest and relaxation in Cartagena. I then made my way back to Medellin, where I met 9 new travel bloggers, and took a few short trips to other parts of the country, including Cali, a snow-capped volcano, and the coffee region.
- Colombia's Aires Opens New Route: NYC to Bogota
- My First 24 Hours in Cartagena
- Confessions of an Introverted Traveler
- Seafood Al Fresco at La Cevicheria
- Feria de las Flores: Medellin's Biggest Street Party
- 3 Travel Bloggers and a Baby: The Adventures
- Guatape: My First Colombian Pueblo
- Ascending Nevado del Ruiz: The Search for Snow in Colombia
- Extreme Horseback Riding in Valle de Cocora
- The Mud Trails and Wax Palms of Cocora Valley
- Dare #18 – Failed – The Case of the Undercooked Intestines
On tomorrow's agenda, the best photography posts of the year. Stay tuned!