I've come full circle this Thanksgiving Day.
Two years ago, I was enjoying this uniquely American holiday with my parents while my brother was stationed in Iraq, near Baghdad. Last year, my brother was home and I was in the full throes of my trip around the world – on safari in Kruger Park, South Africa I believe. And today, my family is reunited under one house and I'm incredibly thankful for that.
I'm thankful for the travel opportunities I've had in 2009, specifically:
- Being hosted by my friend Laura in Paris, and ringing in the New Year at her friend's house party
- Being hosted by my friend Stefan in Bern, Switzerland
- Enjoying lunch atop the Swiss Alps in winter
- Couchsurfing in Geneva, Switzerland
- Being hosted by my friends Magali and Sebastien near Bordeaux, France
- Getting front row ticket's to see FC Barcelona play at home in Camp Nou
- Couchsurfing in Madrid, Spain
- Couchsurfing in Bogota, Colombia
- The chance to fall passionately in love with a city named Medellin, live with a sweetie named Maira, build wonderful friendships, and learn how to salsa
- The ability to visit New York City regularly, for book launch parties and travel writer karaoke nights
I'm thankful for all of the help and feedback I've received from people regarding my travel blogs.
There are far too many people to name, but I'm going to throw a few out there anyways:
- Gary at Everything Everywhere
- Christine at Almost Fearless
- Matt at Nomadic Matt
- Boris at Travel Junkie
- Jen at Mondo Beyondo
- Kai at College Humor
- Alisha and Sean at Sosauce
- Adriaan at Colombia Reports
- Michaela at Briefcase to Backpack
I'm thankful for everyone who responded to my request for contributors to Go Backpacking, especially the regulars.
Each of them is a pleasure to work with and they're helping to build this travel blog into something special:
- Danielle at Around the World in 340 Days
- Leslie at The Whole Plate
- Lindsay at Nomadderwhere
- Matthew Falk
- Andy Green & Shelly
- Andi at My Beautiful Adventures
- T-roy at FOGG Odyssey
I'm thankful for every…single…reader of Go Backpacking!
And of course, I'm thankful for all of the wonderful sponsors and affiliates, whose text links and banners you can find throughout this travel blog.
Last Updated on December 19, 2018 by Dave