Buenos dÃas fellow backpackers! My name is Hansen and I am the newest addition to the GoBackpacking team of contributors. I hail from… well I'm not quite sure. Currently, I am writing on some virgin beaches in Mazatlan. Born and raised in San Diego and educated in Los Angeles, I guess you can call me a Southern Californian. Here are few points to help you get to know me better, quick:
- I love craft brew and haven't decided if Portland or San Diego is the best beer town; I will have to drink more.
- I'm tempted to change my middle name to Tequila. It's the finest spirit in the world, and I can teach you all about it.
- Football was my life for 12 years but recently converted to Ultimate Frisbee; the most international and social sport.
- Cuban cigars complemented by Cuban mojitos in Tijuana is one of my favorites.
- Movies really suck me in, so I apologize if I don't respond to your talking when the flick is on.
- My girlfriend Karen and I have been together for over 5 years, since the first week of college.
The travel bug is deep inside of me, and I have let it out a few times so far. Growing up, I only ever visited Mexico. In college, I continued visiting Mexico but also took off for a semester in Denmark studying International Business. I love Denmark, but will only ever go there during summer from now on (remember, I'm from So Cal). My girlfriend and I drove across the US and up the east coast for a fun summer trip. And now, I have been in Mexico for over 3 months and my plane leaves in 2 weeks to visit San Diego and move up to Portland. Travel is in my blood, and I am just beginning my adventures around the world.
For a short time, I forced that travel bug back down and took a desk job. I know what you're thinking…. dreadful. It took me almost 2 years to realize that and another 2 months to act on it. I booked a 1 peso flight down to Guadalajara, put in my notice, and sold almost everything I owned for some travel cash. I needed to get out and meet new people, places, and cultures. The mundane day-to-day life was killing my free spirit and it was time to let the travel bug back out. Here I am 5 months later writing for one of my favorite blogs, GoBackpacking.com. Of course my family wanted to keep tabs on me, so I naturally started my own travel blog.
My next step is to start my own business creating and selling Sustainable Travel Guides. I studied socially responsible business and have always been passionate about sustainable travel. On GoBackpacking, I plan on sharing my travel stories and tips along with a few funny posts about backpacking. Please feel free to contact me or follow me on a few social networks. This is just the beginning of my adventure, thanks for coming along.
Follow me on: