In addition to spending a lot of time networking in New York City, I also looked for opportunities to meet people closer to home.
Aside from attending events at National Geographic headquarters, and happy hours hosted by other bloggers, I began to co-host my own series of happy hours.
It was a fun, relaxed way to bring together local travel writers, bloggers, and enthusiasts.
Along the way, I became especially good friends with my co-organizer (and future RTW'er), Stephanie from Twenty-Something Travel.
Here are some of my favorite 2009 travel events in Washington, DC:
- A National Geographic Evening with Simon Winchester
- World Hum & Art of Non-Conformity Happy Hours
- The First DC Travel Tweetup (Nov 2009)
- Recap: The 2nd DC Travel Tweetup (Dec 09)
- Dogs & Beers: DC Travel Happy Hour #4 (March 09)
- DC Travel Happy Hour Meets GAP Adventuers (May 09)
- #DCTravel 8: Rooftop Party Edition (June 09)
Last Updated on March 4, 2020 by Dave