It's the first Friday of Spring in the States and…payday!
This is my first paycheck to include my merit increase for 2006.
It's a nice monthly boost which will just barely cover my rather large rent increase for the next 7 months.
Time is really flying now. It's hard to believe it's been 5 years since I conjured up the idea to travel around the world.
Here's the rough plan:
- Late September – submit my resignation at work (shhh!)
- November 2 – last day of work
- November 3 – move key possessions to storage, and shack up with my retired parents
- November 22 – celebrate Thanksgiving with family (parents only, as brother likely to be overseas)
- Soon after – fly to New Zealand (exact date to be determined based on cheap airfare)