Without a doubt, sailboat rentals make for a great vacation; the only question is where to go. Sailboat rentals in Ibiza are very popular, as are sailboat rentals in Mallorca. But the Balearics aren't the only famous places to sail.
Sailboat rentals in Greece are becoming increasingly favored as well. With this in mind, let's take a deep dive and explore the options.
Where to Charter a Sailboat
Sailboat Rentals in Ibiza
Ibiza is part of the Spanish Balearic Islands in the Mediterranean Sea.
A sailboat rental in Ibiza makes the whole island accessible, which means quiet and secluded beaches and coves come into easy reach.
If you want to moor up and explore the island, you'll find it packed with beautiful things to see and do.
- Visit San Antonio – Plenty of entertainment in the form of clubs, bars, restaurants, and vibrant beaches and promenades.
- Water sports – Lots of aquatic activities are catered to in Ibiza.
- Explore – Spend time around the island to get a complete picture of life in Ibiza.
Sailboat Rentals in Mallorca
Mallorca is also part of the Balearic Islands and the largest one in the archipelago.
It has lots of historical places to visit and offers the same attractions as its smaller cousin.
There are distinct differences between the two locations. Its larger landmass gives you more diversity; however, finding secluded coves is a little more difficult. It is just a question of what you want to do.
Things you can do in Mallorca include:
- Visit Palma – The capital of Mallorca features historical sites and fantastic shopping, including boutique stores, excellent museums, and an abundance of bars and restaurants.
- Pollenca – This quaint coastal town is perfect for reaching with your sailboat rental in Mallorca.
- Alcudia – A historical town in the north of the island is packed with history, and the narrow streets give you a flavor of what life was like hundreds of years ago. Alcudia is all so known for having excellent shopping.
Related: 3 Stunning Spanish Destinations
Sailboat Rentals in Greece
The home of civilization, Greece has some amazing things to do from the deck of a sailboat rental.
The islands are where many would-be sailors head, as each has its own character.
Exploring the Greek islands is an unforgettable experience, and a sailboat rental in Greece offers you the opportunity to island hop and spend as much time as you like on each one.
Some of the best islands to visit in Greece include:
- Crete – This trendy island has much more to it than tourist destinations. The island has secluded villages, fantastic beaches, and many cultural places that will delight visitors.
- Mykonos of the Cyclades Islands – Encompassing the best of both worlds, here you can enjoy the vibrant nightlife while in the daytime you can explore the islands from the deck of your boat-perfect!
- Ithaca – The island of Homer's Odysseus combines dense forest, dunes, coves, and Greek mythology perfectly. A must-visit on any sailing vacation.
Which sailboat rental will you choose?
The fact is that all three make for great sailing vacations. With this in mind, why not opt for all three and enjoy the best of Europe?
This story is brought to you in partnership with Oceans Evasion.