In 2010, contributors wrote several of this blog's most popular posts of the year, as measured in terms of visitors, comments, and social media sharing. They also helped to cover a wide range of topics beyond my own experiences and expertise.
Below are 15 of the most popular, written guest contributions published in 2010, ranked in relative order based on number of visits:
- Top 10 Travel Movies To Get You Going In 2010 – by Troy Floyd
- How to Avoid Bed Bugs While Traveling – by Troy Floyd
- How to Get 2 Trans-Atlantic Flights for $75 – by Troy Floyd
- Pro's and Con's for Backpacking Cuba – by Troy Floyd
- How to Pack One Backpack for 6 Months – by Laura Silver
- 10 Secret Items to Pack as a Woman on Your Next Trip – by Olga Garcia
- 4 Ways Every Traveler Can Make Money From Their Travels – by Jason Demant
- The Beaches and Nightlife of Boracay Island, Philippines – by Jerik de Guzman
- Planning for an Appalachian Trail Thru-Hike – by Deb Lauman
- Crashpadding: Couchsurfing for “Grown-Ups” – by Lindsay Clark
- How to Be Lost Without Looking Lost – by Jasmine
- The Sakura Season in Japan – by Rose Witmer (text) and Michael Lynch (photos)
- How to Choose the Best Seat on a Bus – by Hansen Hunt
- When Are You Too Old to Backpack – by Lis Sowerbutts
- Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro – by Lauren Becker
If you're interested in sharing your favorite travel story or best advice in 2011, please check out the submission guidelines.
Tomorrow, I'll share my favorite posts from my adventures in Rwanda and Colombia.
Last Updated on