As we approach the end of 2009, I wanted to share the top 11 most popular posts on Go Backpacking, based on page views.
Interestingly, most of these posts pre-date my actual travel around the world, and instead detail the various stages of planning involved in such a venture. I’m glad they continue to serve as a resource for future travelers.
- Cost of a Trip Around the World – an overview of my expenses for traveling to 22 countries over 15 months. Once I settled into Medellin, I stopped keeping track.
- My Decision to Backpack Around the World – the “why” behind quitting my job to see the world.
- Choosing a Malaria Medication – getting shots was easy, while figuring out a strategy for Malaria was not.
- Budgeting for a Trip Around the World – from May 2007, this was my pre-trip approach to figuring out how much money I needed.
- Packing List – the initial contents of my backpack before leaving home.
- 5 Techniques to Save Big Money – my best strategies for saving lots of money!
- Couchsurfing – A Brilliant Social Network for Travelers – a 3-part series I wrote after hosting my first couchsurfer, but before being a guest myself.
- Tibetan Acupuncture and Massage – this post received a lot of search engine traffic because of the photo I included of a big spider.
- Establishing Travel and Financial Goals – the title says it all.
- Nepal-India Border Crossing – I flew Yeti Airlines to Nepal’s eastern border and that was just the beginning of the adventurous trip to Darjeeling.
- The Importance of Hooking Up Abroad – a guest post by Emily Callaghan on the cultural benefits of intimate relations abroad.
Is there a topic you’d like to see covered in 2010? Please leave a comment and let us know!