I am going to take a hiatus from writing on Go Backpacking in September, in order to focus on my next book, a travel guide to Lima. I am co-writing it with Colin Post of Expat Chronicles.
By devoting more attention to this project in the coming month, we both hope to publish the guide well before the end of the year.
I've already written and scheduled a few final Mexico posts for September, and Mark will continue to contribute on a weekly basis.
Between 2011-2012, I spent about 7 months total in Peru, and 6 of those months were spent living in Lima.
I feel like I got to know the city well. I can't imagine having spent any less time there, and could easily have stayed longer.
Combined with Colin's knowledge from living in Peru for a much longer period of time, I think we're both in a terrific position to publish a high-quality travel guide.
To refresh your memory, here are a few of my many highlights from Peru:
Northern and Central Peru
- Keulap: Fortress Ruins in Northern Peru
- Moche Ruins: Huaca de la Luna y Huaca del Sol
- A “Day of the Dead” Visit to Huascaran, Peru's Tallest Mountain
- Pastoruri Glacier: Journey to 5,000 Meters
Cusco and Machu Picchu
- Jaguars and Thunderstorms on the Tambopata River
- Top 5 Wildlife Moments in Peru's Amazon Basin
- Photo Essay: Wildlife in the Tambopata National Reserve
In October, I'll pick up with my stories and photos from Bolivia, share more from my last European train adventure, plus let you in on how I spent two weeks in Panama. Stay tuned!
Last Updated on July 17, 2019 by Dave